Nothing captures the essence of a facade as magnificently as an aerial shot. For decades, photographers have been using high resolution aerial pictures of structures to get viewers intrigued about various buildings. This technique is being leveraged by real estate marketing agents to get buyers interested in a property. Moreover, with the advent of Drones, exceptional aerial photography has become a regular practice in the sector.
Nicknamed Drone, these modern machines are officially called UAS, which stands for Unmanned Aircraft System. Drones come in a variety of sizes, but the most common one used for real estate marketing is the four-propeller kind known as the quad copter. With four propellers helping the drone to fly, these drones are equipped with a gamble stabilizer and a 4k video camera to capture high resolution digital video and still photos, as needed. This is one of the most stunning developments is that last few years which provides the photographer with the necessary tools to communicate each property in its own unique way with aerial drone photography and drone video.
Recently, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) made it mandatory for commercial drone operators to obtain a drone pilot’s certificate known as the part 107 certification. With this certification in hand, FAA certified drone pilots must abide by the guidelines and laws governed by FAA, some of which are as follows:
– Drone must be in the line of sight.
– Maximum flying height should be 400 feet from ground level or 400 feet from the highest point of a building in 400 feet radius of the building or structure.
– Drones are never allowed to be flown over groups of people.
– Flying near an airport is restricted and a waiver from FAA must be obtained through the FAA website, usual time for this waiver to be granted is 45 days.
Drones are yet another tool in the arsenal of a photography equipment that help the photographer to create aerial images and aerial video in turn help the real estate agent market their listings more effectively and more accurately by showing views and angles never seen before by consumers. Drones allow capturing of aerial images at a fraction of the cost of renting a helicopter and buying expensive insurance.
When hiring a drone aerial video company, you need to consider the following points:
1) It should be operated by a FAA certified pilot.
2) Ask for existing photographs and video samples captured by the company.
3) Inquire about the quality of the video camera used (4k is the standard).
4) Ask for references.
It is important to note that according to the National Association of Realtors (NAR) professionally photographed listings sell 46% faster than non-professionally shot photos. In the world of real estate marketing, presentation is the king and drone aerial video and photography helps agents to achieve their annual property turnaround with ease.